- All Areas – Watch out for maintenance crews and respect trail/jump closures.
- Gorge Rd Jump Park –¬†Opening soon!
- 7 Mile – OPEN
- Jardines – OPEN
- Wynyard – OPEN¬†
- Back country¬†–¬†Watch out for last bit of snow!
- Rude Rock –¬†OPEN (when dry)
- QBP (not managed by QMTBC) – Gondola Access Open.¬†
Don’t forget the QMTBC membership year starts at the beginning of September. ¬†The membership forms are being distributed to bike shops now (well the bike shops that are open so Element and the Outside Sports Ride¬†Centre) and online memberships will launch any day now. ¬†There are heaps of deals and discounts in the pipeline for this season so stay tuned.
Why join the club?
- Trail Building – The QMTBC are the only organisation building public access technical single-track MTB specific trails in the Wakatipu Basin.
- Trail maintenance – 7 Mile, Wynyard DH, Wynyard Freestyle, Gorge Rd jump park, and Jardines park are all managed and maintained by the club. ¬†We get no government or council funding for these areas so your subs go directly to maintaining these areas.
- Trail Access¬†– The club is in constant touch with DOC and QLDC to try to open up new trails and areas for biking in the Wakatipu¬†basin.
- Backcountry Trails¬†– This year we should be finishing the upgrade to the Moke Lake/Lake Dispute loop (also known as four lakes loop) which will mean you can ride the entire loop without riding on any sealed road. ¬†We are also hoping to start work on a trail linking the bottom of Coronet Peak ski¬†field¬†to Skippers saddle so you can ride all the way down from the top of Coronet to the bottom of Zoot off road. ¬†We are also investigating taking over and possibly extending Fernhill Loop to try and¬†guarantee¬†it’s continued status as an iconic Queenstown trail and preserve it’s technical character.
- Events¬†– We will be running the usual group of events this season including 7×7 Mile, Wynyard Jam, Gorge Rd Jam, Jardines family day, and the newly formed DH subcommittee will be running a low key DH series this summer.
- Queenstown Bike Park Advocacy¬†– The club was instrumental in forming the QBP and we are still hard at work in the background trying to ensure it’s continued success and sustainability. ¬†There are many challenges around funding for continued maintenance and the club are working closely with Skyline, QLDC and other parties to try and meet these¬†challenges.