- All Areas – Watch out for maintenance crews and respect trail/jump closures.
- Gorge Rd Jump Park –¬†Opening soon!
- 7 Mile – OPEN
- Jardines – OPEN
- Wynyard – OPEN¬†
- Back country¬†–¬†Watch out for last bit of snow!
- Rude Rock –¬†OPEN (when dry)
- QBP (not managed by QMTBC) – Gondola Access Open.¬†
Since last week’s newsletter the we have contacted the KPCA (Kelvin Peninsular Community Association) and they are keen to work with the club to preserve as much of the technical trail sections around the Kelvin Heights Golf course as possible for mountain bikers. ¬†Club president Tom is hoping to meet up with the KPCA this week to do a walk through of the trail to see how much we can save.
The QMTBC has a long history of working with the KPCA on the Jardines Park trails and we are keen to work with this ¬†community minded group. ¬†The closer we work with the KPCA the better we can communicate and work with them and ensure the future of great MTB trails on the Kelvin Peninsular.
You can see the original newsletter post and the comments it sparked here¬†and¬†stay tuned for further developments.