The locals’ favourite Winter multisport event this year is running on Saturday August 3. The race is being held for the 19th consecutive year.
As always, 5 stages are on offer, and they include skiing/snow boarding, mountain biking, kayaking, running and cycling on a 44 km course suits all levels from elite to rookie multisporters.
The Course Stages:
- Ski/Board 2km: High on the Remarkables Ski Area. A mass start – run down to skis/boards. Actual start determined by snow cover
- Mtn Bike 17km: Down Remarkables road to Frankton Beach
- Paddle 7km: Frankton Beach to Queenstown Bay
- Run 9km: From Queenstown Beach, through town and out to Coronet Alpine Hotel
- Road Bike 9km: From Coronet Alpine Hotel to the finish at the Coronet Peak Ski Area base
Individuals: Men / Women – Open, Junior or Vet
Teams: Open / Female / Mixed / Business House / Vet / School
Trophies for 1st Individual Male, 1st Individual Female, 1st Vet Male, 1st Open Team, and 1st Vet Team
For more info visit the official Peak to Peak website: http://www.southerntraverse.com/Peak2Peak/home.asp