Macpac Mountain Bikes on Snow is back at The Remarkables this year for the Queenstown Winter Festival
When: Saturday 24 June
Where: The Remarkables Ski Field
Time: 10:30am – Race starts, Registration is 8am sharp
Get loosewith your wheels on snow and hopefully grab one of the awesome prizes up for grabs including Olympus cameras and Ultimate Ears speakers, not to mention Macpac gear.
Enter online now so you don’t miss out!
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- Attendance at the safety briefing is a condition of entry. Any competitor missing the safety briefing will not be permitted to compete.
- Full face helmet is compulsory.
- Appropriate mountain bikes in adequate condition must be used.
- No spiked tyres. Flat studs are allowed, if you can grasp the tyre with bare hands the tyres are permitted. No slick tyres permitted.
- Tandem bikes are not permitted.
- ‘Fat Bikes’ are not permitted.
- Competitors must be 14 years of age or over. Any competitor under 18 years must have a parental or guardian with them to sign a waiver at registration.
- You must complete the correct course or you will be disqualified.
- You must not participate under the influence of any illegal drugs or alcohol
Wairoa Gorge Winter Special Offer
We’ve been chatting to our friends at Nelson Mountain Bike Club and worked up a special offer for Queenstown Mountain Bike Club members to go and have some fun at Wairoa Gorge Bike Park at a heavily discounted price.
If you have been to ride at Wairoa
Gorge Bike Park you’ll know what all the fuss is about. If you haven’t been yet you really should go and check it out.
Some of the best riding conditions at WGBP are in the winter. When our trails are getting a bit boggy/snowy the Gorge really shines.
One whole day of shuttling for 10 riders, and a night at the WGBP Lodge for only $1000*
That’s a saving of over $1000 on their summer prices!
You have two options. Ride all day Saturday, then stop at the Lodge Saturday night to kick back and talk about how much fun you’ve just had and plan your next visit. Or, stay at the Lodge Saturday night, then wake up in the beautiful natural park environment and get ready for a day of shredding.
Here’s what you need to know:
Special Gorge package deal
- 1 June – 1 September 2017
- 10 club members (all riders have to be paid up members of QMTBC) can book to ride at WGBP for 1 day for $1000. This price includes use of the lodge for 1 night only and a 1 day temporary membership of NMTBC.
- Additional riders/lodge stoppers are $100 up-to a maximum group size of 14
- Days available are Saturday and/or Sunday – subject to availability
- If you want to add a second day the cost will be $1800 for 10 and $90 for every extra person (this does not include an extra night at the lodge)
- Cost is fixed
- To book contact Belinda directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and include QMTBC membership numbers and email addresses of each rider
- Must be booked and paid for at least 10 days in advance
- Payment must be from a single source (so we can easily reconcile it)
- All rules and processes apply as per www.nelsonmtb.club/ride/wairoa and the rider briefing sheet http://www.nelsonmtb.club/dmsdocument/265
Not got around to getting your 2016/17 QMTBC membership yet? Head into Bikeaholic, Outside Sports, H&J’s Outdoor World or Alta. Or you can join online
Book soon – they have limited capacity!
The Mountain Scene reports that bikers are bringing in millions.
We commissioned this study by TRC Tourism over a year ago and it shows the massive impact mountain biking has on Queenstown’s economy.
The study reports that $65 million is spent by mountain bikers in our town each year and $25 million stays in the town in the form of profits and wages.
Thankyou to everyone who answered the questionnaire and a special thanks to those who volunteered to survey riders on their day off. This effort will really help our cause when it comes to obtaining funding to build you new trails.
Sorry folks we’ve had to change the date for the AGM which was announced last week.
The Queenstown Mountain Bike Club AGM will now be held on Monday 26th June 2017 at 7pm at Lonestar Queenstown
Come along, hear about all the cool stuff the committee has been up to and about the plans for the next year.
Sadly a few of our awesome committee are stepping down this year so we have a few spots to fill.
If you’re passionate about biking and the Queenstown trail network, you’re into GSDing (getting shit done not just talking about it) and want to get involved then don’t be shy, get in touch.
For a bit more insight into what the QMTBC committee does check out our video.
Interested in joining the committee? Send an email to email@example.com
The Big Bike Film Night is coming to Queenstown on Thursday 8th June at The World Bar.
Tickets are $20 and limited to 130 so get in quick if you don’t want to miss out
The Big Bike Film Night is a showing of the best cycling short films from around the world. Spinning some wheels with an impressive lineup that includes a stylish look at London’s bike sub-cultures, the remarkable story of an American Bike Frame Builder; an absorbing attempt and challenge of cycling up the gruelling 1912 metre peak Mount Ventoux, two very different faces of BMX, with contrasting stories and styles.
There’s also the homegrown ‘Muscles and Dreams’ documentary, which follows a bunch of good keen men transforming an idea for a gold miner’s road from the 1800’s into New Zealand’s longest continuous single-track – The Old Ghost Road on the West Coast.
Run time – 120 minutes plus 15 minute interval.
Here is the link to buy tickets –
The Big Bike Film Night – Queenstown Thursday 8th June
See you there!